Saturday, April 21, 2012

If I start playing WoW again, will my SC2 friends know when I'm playing WoW?

My Starcraft 2 and WoW accounts are linked to my battlenet account. I added several co-workers as friends in Starcraft 2. I want to start playing WoW again but I don't want my co-workers to know when I'm playing WoW.

Does WoW automatically show me as "online" in the battlenet friends list just like Starcraft 2? Is there a way to play WoW without my Starcraft 2 friends seeing me? (Besides creating a second account)|||If you added them as RealID friends, they can see you in any battlenet game. If you just used the normal friend feature then no.|||Why are you so ashamed to admit that you're playing WoW though? Will they terminate your friendship if they find you cheating on them with another game?|||It just bothers me that people can see how frequently I play wow.

The activity feed on the armory page also bothers me. My brother gave me a hard time for playing at 3am.

I'm opting not to play wow because of these issues.|||If you enjoy it, it doesn't matter what people think. Who's worse... the person who's minding their own business and playing a game, or the person who is making note of when you sign on or checking your armory page to give you a hard time about how much you play?|||So wait what...so maybe you're sick and home from work or school or what not, had a crappy day and just can't sleep...so you go to farm ore or whatever at 3am?

Big deal.

I've done it once or twice myself.

I've even run chain Heroics till 5 am when I was supposed to be just getting up for work...having been home sick the day before and slept nearly all day.|||Well, I'm not going to be going into any detail here. But suffice it to say I can see the reason for a "hide" status like other people (most notably Semii) requested.|||Quote:








Well, I'm not going to be going into any detail here. But suffice it to say I can see the reason for a "hide" status like other people (most notably Semii) requested.






I'm appalled by the attempts by blizzard to link a face to the toon. The real ID is another method of tracking in my opinion. Yes you have the option to not use the real life name attached to account feature but even so it seems weird that they keep moving in this direction. The people spoke and the forums have remained anonymous. Thank god blizzard listens to the people. Still the overall feel seems a bit to Orwellian to me.|||It is totaly optional, i dont see how this is harmful in any way. If you dont want it, dont use it, it is that simple.

Nyh : It is quite simple. They try to create a social network, because that binds people to their products even more than only the game would do. Why you think that what you are doing is so important that someone would want to "track" it is beyond me. Paranoid much ?|||Quote:








It is totaly optional, i dont see how this is harmful in any way. If you dont want it, dont use it, it is that simple.

Nyh : It is quite simple. They try to create a social network, because that binds people to their products even more than only the game would do. Why you think that what you are doing is so important that someone would want to "track" it is beyond me. Paranoid much ?






God forbid privacy is something that a man can long for in the year 2010. If you enjoy privacy in 2010 you have something to hide or you are paranoid. Nice generalization twoflowers. I say you are nitpicking with every post I make. If you have a personal problem with me take it up in pms. I was merely stating that the op had issues with people tracking his game play, I do as well.

Maybe you can put yourself in another shoes once in awhile and see that not everyone has this collectivist mindset that you seem to admire.

No comments:

Post a Comment