Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Battle for Gilneas City

What could have been an awesome apotheose for an immersive storyline, turns out to be one big phasing bugfest.

I strayed too far away from Liam Greymane - or, to be frank, he strayed too far away from me, the damn bugger - and consequently, without the big buff, I died. That's when the trouble started. I ran back to my corpse, but in the mean time the battle went on, so I didn't have a clue where to go upon resurrecting. I decided to abandon the quest and retake it.

Apparently, instead of just everything restarting, you get teleported to the current scene of the battle, probably because it is phasing with multiple players/parties possible, unlike the battle for the Undercity event. That is a strange design decision: I missed a great deal of the battle and the story around it. On top of that, I got disconnected and now Worgen and Forsaken alike are standing idly in the streets of Gilneas, apparently in some sort of truce they must have agreed upon while I was floating in the void of my crappy wireless. No sign of any leaders or major battle events. Re-abandoning and joining the fray again served absolutely nothing, as I just appeared again on the same spot I abandoned the quest this time.

Besides, I want to see the entire battle. Up until now, it has been a truly awesome storyline for my shiny new Worgen and then it would be a terrible disappointment if I missed this bit.

I turned in a ticket, hoping I could somehow completely restart the quest from scratch... Otherwise I'm just going to restart my character, but then there's a chance that it will all happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment