Saturday, April 21, 2012

Interview Wow Women

Hi everyone I am new to the forums here. I am a former WoW player who has started a YouTube channel. One of my near future projects is to interview 2 or 3 women that play WoW to get their perspective. Here are the requirements if you are interested:

1. Must be female, not a male playing a female toon and be 18 years of age or older.

2. Must be a current or past WoW player.

3. Prefer if you can send a photo and a shot of your character.

4. Prefer if you have mic and webcam (although I will accept just mic).

5. Please post in thread telling a bit about yourself and if you can post your pic and character here that would be great too.

Thanks in advance everyone.

The Blackman

Black Crystal Gaming

*contact information removed*|||Hmm, if you didn't specify 18 years or older, I would have felt like contacting Chris Hansen from To Catch A Predator.

Sorry, creepy requests not allowed. You're going to have to find some other forum for this. I would somehow understand if you actually wanted to interview female gamers - which you should have posted in our Survey and Research sticky - but the fact that you ask for pictures and prefer a webcam makes me think you are taking "their perspective" a bit too literally.|||Quote:








Hmm, if you didn't specify 18 years or older, I would have felt like contacting Chris Hansen from To Catch A Predator.

Sorry, creepy requests not allowed. You're going to have to find some other forum for this. I would somehow understand if you actually wanted to interview female gamers - which you should have posted in our Survey and Research sticky - but the fact that you ask for pictures and prefer a webcam makes me think you are taking "their perspective" a bit too literally.




Well I do understand what you are saying but permit me to explain myself. First off I didn't intend the request to come off as creepy.

It is for YouTube so I do want to make sure that the people I am interviewing actually are women and the simple nature of YouTube would make for a much more interesting interview by webcam. I could still just do a voice interview or even a voice interview with showing a still photo, however video is best for YouTube.

What I am looking for is the female perspective on WoW inparticular and later I plan on doing other interviews for the female perspective on other games including EvE Online, City of Heroes and Star Trek Online.

However if this request is still not allowed then I will just do as you suggest and check out the Survey and Research sticky. I saw another thread on a similar subject but I didn't want to hijack it. Thanks for your input.|||Also I didn't realize I am not allowed to put my YouTube channel or blog info in the posts, sorry if I broke any forum rules with that. I would like to communicate with other gamers here and share my blog and channel with them. Does that violate any rules?|||I specifically left the thread open - and your account intact - as I was hoping for a more elaborate explanation. This forum is well frequented by spammers and other shady types, and in the years we have grown a bit weary towards all sorts of requests. I wanted to grant you the benefit of the doubt, and in a way I am glad I did.

I'll allow it, but yes, you'll have to repost this in the Survey and Research thread. A simple copy and paste will do, although you will have to retype your contact information, as I forgot to save them when I edited them out. You are free to include them again. If it's for a survey and if it is posted in the right section (ie. the Survey thread) we allow those links, just refrain from posting them in any other post you make.

I hope our initial distrust is understandable, and good luck with the research.|||No problem and actually thank you for your letting me explain myself. I actually look forward to being a member here as both my blog and channel will be specifically about gaming and I will have other, hopefully less creepy sounding, requests.|||Quote:




What I am looking for is the female perspective on WoW inparticular




It is reductionist to assume there is a single female perspective on WoW, much less games in general. Interviewing "2 or 3 women" isn't really going to shed a ton of light on it either. There's entire blogs out there devoted to the subject. You'll learn a lot more reading some of those, since a number of them are written by very intelligent and articulate women who are gamers themselves.|||Quote:








It is reductionist to assume there is a single female perspective on WoW, much less games in general. Interviewing "2 or 3 women" isn't really going to shed a ton of light on it either. There's entire blogs out there devoted to the subject. You'll learn a lot more reading some of those, since a number of them are written by very intelligent and articulate women who are gamers themselves.






Ok I don't want to start a "lables" thread but I am not bein reductionist I just want to interview people on YouTube about the said subject.|||I can tell you that as a gamer who happens to be female, I'm not interested in this kind of an exercise, and I'll tell you why. I don't really understand people's fascination with the idea that gamers can be women, or the notion that we somehow have some unique perspective on gaming by virtue of owning two X chromosomes instead of one. There are and always have been people of both genders playing this game, and my many female friends in game all play the game differently. One is a PvP fiend who just earned her Battlemaster title. One is one of our guild's main tanks. Several are hardcore raiders, several others prefer five-mans and working on achievements. Our guild's first 85 happens to be female. There are women in our guild who play every class and every race (at least Hordeside, since we're a horde guild).

In other words ... we're just gamers.

...Ren|||Quote:








I can tell you that as a gamer who happens to be female, I'm not interested in this kind of an exercise, and I'll tell you why. I don't really understand people's fascination with the idea that gamers can be women, or the notion that we somehow have some unique perspective on gaming by virtue of owning two X chromosomes instead of one. There are and always have been people of both genders playing this game, and my many female friends in game all play the game differently. One is a PvP fiend who just earned her Battlemaster title. One is one of our guild's main tanks. Several are hardcore raiders, several others prefer five-mans and working on achievements. Our guild's first 85 happens to be female. There are women in our guild who play every class and every race (at least Hordeside, since we're a horde guild).

In other words ... we're just gamers.

...Ren




Quoted for truth. I also am tired and weary of the whole concept "female gamers".

No comments:

Post a Comment