Thursday, April 19, 2012

After a 2 year hiatus...

I'm somewhat returned. However I came to discover my account was compromised, my main character stripped, and left falling to her death when I logged in, and it's been far too long for the items to be able to be recovered. Yay.

So, in light of all of this, I decided to create a new character, on a different server, and start over. After all, apparently the old world is not the same old world I once knew and cherished. Fun, fun.

Anyway, I might be popping in and out of here, once more, from time to time.|||Welcome the hell back. Start writing macros and giving opinions on hunters again!

(edit)

and sorry about your characters, if you delete them can you at least recycle the names?|||Quote:








Welcome the hell back. Start writing macros and giving opinions on hunters again!

(edit)

and sorry about your characters, if you delete them can you at least recycle the names?




I'm too attached to those characters, I didn't delete them. I'm simply starting on a new server. And yes, I've been recycling their names. My main (Sorlina, Female Dwarf Hunter (Survival)) has become Sorlina, Female Dwarf Death Knight (Unholy) -- since this is the character that got "molested" the worst from the hack (and had the most to lose), I decided it would be fitting to transform her into something more...undead. I did a similar approach with my Horde main, Oguler (Male Orc Hunter (Beastmastery)) and transformed him into an Undead Hunter on another server. These two characters are going to be my new "mains".

Well, until I can get Cata... then I might make a Worgen Druid to replace my Tauren Druid... Dunno yet.

As of right now, I'm only going to be online periodically. My finances are pretty tight, enough that spending $15 a month might not be realistic. I still need to review my budget on things.|||I noticed you posted here and there already, I for one am glad you returned. Welcome back!|||welcome back

i didn't know there was a limit to have a character's items fix from a hack. that sucks for player coming back and finding themselfs naked and goldless.

as for starting over, it's not that bad at all now days. the BG brackets are only 5 levels, and they give xp. the dungeon finder is real nice for low level stuff, especially with the quest givers located inside the dungeon. makes leveling real fast now, and you'll find yourself leveling up multiple levels without leaving the city.

questing better too with the new quest hubs. but if you run a dungeon or 2 you'll find yourself out leveling your zones real fast.|||Welcome back :D

The world has changed quite alot indeed, have fun exploring it :) There were so many changes, it's well worth a restart. Still a pitty about your old chars, I would try again to get them back. Maybe you are lucky and get a generous GM :)|||Welcome back (though we never spoke; I started after you left).

TPMdm says you're a Hunter, in which case you're especially welcome; let me know if you need anything about the state of Hunters now (though I'm sure you know how to find it yourself)

If your account were compromised before, make sure you take precautions so they can't access it again. I.e. get an authenticator a.s.a.p.|||How's there a limit on how long your stuff can be brought back? That's kind of... Weird...

Also, just so you know, it's RIDICULOUSLY easy to get gold now. I know you played in Original WoW and you might have the same feeling as me when it comes to gold "Wow, I have 200g? That's awesome!" but you can make like 500g an hour in your sleep.|||Well, I got the items that were irreplaceable back on my original hunter (like my CE minipets, my murloc costume, and all of the gear she was wearing, she also has her mounts once again), so I'm a little better off. It *did* take some digging around on sites to figure out what she was wearing...

The limit is probably due to storage limits. There's only so far back that Blizzard can retain data before their servers are bogged down with far too much historical information, so I can understand the time limit of 2 months' worth of data.

So far, I have discovered two things. One -- I'm liking the differences with the Hunter class. And two -- I really, really, really like the new undead newbie quests in Tirisfal and Silverpine. OMG they are cool.|||All the new quests are pretty cool. The goblin starter quests are some of the funniest game moments I've had in wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment