Saturday, April 21, 2012

Account hacked - the other side

Well, today at 4 am a realy close buddy of mine logged into wow and didnt answer whispers. So I called him, and of course it was not him playing his account. Ergo : hacked.

I warned him over the phone, turns out his email which he used as bnet acount was hacked too, so he was unable to get to his mail aswell.

Well, two phone calls later and his account is restored, less than 12 hours after getting hacked. He is still checking his computer for viruses, but he allready has a authentificator associated with his account and the people on the phone have told him that all his gear is waiting for him in the mail.

Nice to hear that sometimes things can go quickly :)|||I've noticed that Blizzard is quite quick lately.

My bro-in-law got hacked not so long ago. He logged on when I knew he was at work and when he didn't reply to my "You sick dude?" messages I knew it wasn't him.

I opened a ticket asap but I got the "wait time is currently not available" message so I was a bit upset.

Literally a few seconds (!) later I got contacted by a GM who locked the account and set the procedure to restore it in motion. By the time my brother in law got home his epix where already in the mail.

A few days ago two real life friends in my guild got hacked too, a few hours after reporting it they had there stuff back and where ready to raid.

It's awesome that they respond that fast but quite sad that they got that good at it because a lot of accounts are getting hacked on a daily basis :(|||I had a friend of mine who had their gmail hacked, seems to be a more common occurrence.

No comments:

Post a Comment