Thursday, April 19, 2012

**Ripsnarl** -_-

I've attempted him on Heroic a few times already and never made it past him (all pugs unfortunately and yes I read up on it), anyone else have headache with trying to take him down?|||You need to get the adds down quickly. If not, they get stronger and cause more of a problem. I think it's supposed to be a dps check.|||Quote:








You need to get the adds down quickly. If not, they get stronger and cause more of a problem. I think it's supposed to be a dps check.




>.>

<.<

^.^

I read up on the fight, so I know the adds need to go fast...my point was more at headaches in a pug group.|||sorry - missed the emphasis :-)|||Quote:








I've attempted him on Heroic a few times already and never made it past him (all pugs unfortunately and yes I read up on it), anyone else have headache with trying to take him down?




First time I ran into Ripsnarl was with a guild group, all of us fresh 85s a few days into the expansion. We gave up after nearly two hours of wiping on him. Without a doubt that was the worst wipefest in a heroic I've had in cata without actually killing the boss at the end of it. The fight was hotfixed since then to make it a bit easier, and geared up dps makes a huge difference as well, but it is indeed annoying to do with pugs if they don't understand how critical it is to kill the adds.

I found it useful to continually tab target off the boss and mark whatever I get with skull. Seems to wake the pug dpsers up. I also tend to call out "Single target dps!" and stuff.

As for the worst boss to pug, for me its been Stonecore 3rd boss, Orzuk. It is completely dependent on the tank having a brain and using it. I've often went through 3 tanks trying to kill the boss, until we eventually skip him.|||Quote:








until we eventually skip him.






Can you skip that boss? How? (faster valor points ftw :p )



OT: Ripsnarl never gives me trouble in guild groups, always a pain in the ass in pugs. But that's usually the case with most heroics/heroic bosses tbh.

THE thing that makes the boss so annoying to me is because, as a tank, I can't make up for DPS failing to do their job.|||You know (and I'm not trying to be mean or anything here) I really hate it when a tank goes and says something about DPS failing to do their job.

I'm a DPS, and I'm quite good at doing my job the way it's supposed to be done, and I realize not all DPS are equal but it's not always bad DPS, sometimes it's fail tank.

I'm an Assasination Rogue, and if the tank is pulling the single mob all over the place it's harder for me to get my rotation going and my DPS is lower, same thing happens when the tank decides to run in and just pull multiple mobs, as far as a Rogue goes, this works against my job in a few ways: I could have sapped something (and other CC could have been applied) but now that we are all in combat, I can't do so. I can only interrupt and stun so much. I'm built for single target mass damage. Multi target only goes so far, even with poisons spread through Fan of Knives, and while the tank is tricked at that.

It's a team effort here. Work with us and not against us ;)|||Quote:








You know (and I'm not trying to be mean or anything here) I really hate it when a tank goes and says something about DPS failing to do their job.




Wasn't trying to be mean either :)

It's just that I play a tank and because of that I got the point of view of a tank and sadly, pug dps fails quite a lot. And with failing I don't mean doing weak dps or not knowing the fight but by failing I mean stuff like, not interrupting, breaking CC, not switching target, not avoiding damage etc...

And right now, my own dps isn't high enough to take care of the adds on Ripsnarl alone, that's what I ment with not being able to make up for fail dps (that refuse to switch target) :)

And yes it's a team effort, and I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment