Thursday, April 19, 2012

Boneheaded things you've done..

AKA the stupid thread.

Stuff you did in game without thinking about it.

I'll start:

Was in H Deadmines the other night and we're on the ship and wipe. While waiting on the others to run back/rez, I decide to hop on one of the cannons there and start taking potshots at the Defias mobs on the platform with the Goblin Transporter.

I saw large damage numbers and thought it was cool.

Then they ran at us, destroyed my cannon, killed me and the rest of the newly rezzed group.

"Stupid Rogue"

Says the Mage.
|||Only thing that comes to my mind is jumping off the bridge to stormwind in the same place three times in a row.. but i've only been playing a couple days. More serious screw ups to come :D|||I always forget to use teleporters.

I'm half way the instance by the time I realise the giggling on vent is because I forgot the teleporter again :p

There is also a 50 % chance that I forget to activate Righteous Fury after a wipe resulting in, yeah, more wipes.

I know there are mods for that, I know...|||I'm new to the DK and at least once a week forget to put on my blood presence when I switch over to tank spec.|||One of my first dungeons. While the tank and healer are getting a MB I'm thinking: 'I might as well kill that mob down there, since he can't get to me anyway'. I shoot and he circles around, taking with him the whole instance. Feign Death? What's that?

Several times: forget to dismiss my pet before jumping down somewhere (e.g. with one of the common jumps in Gnomeregan). Pet circles around, pulling the whole instance.

In Eye of the Storm, last night: Attacked by a Rogue, I use trinket, scatter shot to create a gap, a few shots and I lay down freezing trap (pull pet back to avoid breaking trap), again find some distance, kill the rogue with the a string of 3 explosive shots (Lock&Load) and 2 Kill Shots. As the Rogue dies I accidentally press disengage and leap back into the abyss.|||My favourite duh thing is usually to forget about the special mount in oculus and mount up with the usual mount and run over the edge. Seen others do it too, so it might be more common that you think.|||Quote:








My favourite duh thing is usually to forget about the special mount in oculus and mount up with the usual mount and run over the edge. Seen others do it too, so it might be more common that you think.




i wonder why that is. if you try to mount your flying mount it wont work. Maybe the stardust pony would...but i have a habit gained from lots of herb collecting that I shoot straight up in the air when i mount :) i would notice something funny pretty quickly...

my stupid moments always involve falling:

-trying to use slow fall when i have an npc targeted;

-jumping into shallow water or missing the water|||I got a new cloak (I'm an Engineer) and for some odd reason, too my flying mount high up over Org then jumped off.... clicked on my parachute at the last second...only to go splat.

I forgot to add a parachute to my new cloak....|||I mentioned this here once before, but when I see the word "boneheaded" I keep thinking of that. And yes, another close encounter with the ground.. Or, well, not exactly the ground.

Was doing the fishing daily in Scholazar, and I was flying above the little lake, the River Heart. I dismounted high in the air in order to fall to the water. I landed perfectly in the middle of the pond and was staring at my resurrect screen for nearly 10 seconds until I realized I still had a walk on water buff from a previous fishing trip. What was water for other characters was concrete for me, and thus, splat. Always fun to do something like that in front of other fishermen, must have looked like it was starting to rain dwarves all of a sudden.|||I still think this was one of my "best" bonehead moments:

http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/show...6&postcount=31

No comments:

Post a Comment