Thursday, April 12, 2012

Serious Tech Problems

[:1]so ive never played WoW before and i figured i give the trial a shot but i cant get the game to even download. I have forwarded the ports and change my fire wall settings ive even turned all my firewalls off and ran the downloader as admin but nothing seems to work it still says "Unable to connect. please check your connection and firewall settings" wtf idk what to do and ive spent like 2 hrs messin with ports and forums and all sorts of stuff im kinda agrivated and this is my last attempt to get it to work! DOES ANY BODY HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT I CAN DO! kinda sucks spending 2 hrs on a game i dont even know if ill like!..... well thanks for any help!|||Its possible, but unlikely that your internet provider may be blocking WoW (I hear some providers in Canada and the US do that). Wyndstream is one I've had some experience with (not good experience), that blocked access to game servers and I had to call multiple times to find someone who knew how to unblock them. Its also possible that your internet provider blocks/throttles torrent connections, but its a little unlikely that would fully block the download since blizzard offers a more direct connection as well as the torrent cloud.

If its not that, it may still be a network/computer error and since you've found help elsewhere, that might be hard to sort out. What version of Windows are you running? Do you know if you've enabled UPnP on your network and/or router?

No comments:

Post a Comment