Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blizzard banned my account - But I didn't do anything!

[:1]Hey, I have just realized, that my account is banned. They sent me an e-mail, which said, that it was banned because I have used, or supported, buying gold. But I haven't done any of these things!

So far, I have changed my password, and started a recovery of my account (in battle.net). But that is when you have lost items, gold, chars etc. I just can't log in, or use the forums, or anything!

Have any of you guys tried, or heard about, something like that before? I feel really angry, because I haven't done anything illegal!

What should I do?

Hope you can help. Thanks.|||Your account is probably compromised and banned as a result of what the perp did with it. If you contacted Blizzard already about account recovery, there's not much else you can do but wait.|||Yep, sounds like you've been "hacked". Its not uncommon, but its usually from an unsecure password (a common password, using the same password for fansites, giving it to your brother, etc.), or downloading a keylogger (a program that collects everything you type and sends it to another person).

If you can sucessfully recover your account, I'd seriously suggest getting an authenticator (about $6 in the Blizzard store, free shipping). Also, be careful of the fansites you visit, and don't go to a goldseller site/hacks site. The latter can give you them intentionally, but the former sometimes get hijacked.

At any rate, make sure your anti-virus is up to date, and I'd also suggest getting Malwarebytes (a free program) and running a full scan to make sure it wasn't a keylogger, and to prevent your account from being compromised in the future. If you don't have an anti-virus, I'd suggest Avast, its free and quite good at catching all manners of nasty programs and intruders.

No comments:

Post a Comment