Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quest: The Firelord - Ragnaros defeated

[:1]I've got a level 84 Night Elf Hunter. I'm struggling to do the above quest in Mt Hyjal. First it was impossible until after 4.2, so I waited. I've gone almost every day since to try to find the gate of which it speaks. It's in something called The Prophets Sanctum.

I thought for a while it had been turned into a raid quest, the one that leads to Firelands, but am told no, it's still a soloable quest. But where, oh, where is the gate I need? I've tried swimming through lava (not a good idea), looked all around, just can't find it. Can anyone tell me where this gate thing is, please? I've done all the other quests there and would love to complete this one.|||Just hit your map [M] - it'll show you.|||not sure if it does show up - I remember having to hunt as well ...

iirc, it's to the north west of the quest giver - not too far away|||I'm going by memory here, but iirc it's near where you killed the elite mob with npc help just before you got that part.|||Quote:








I'm going by memory here, but iirc it's near where you killed the elite mob with npc help just before you got that part.




That's what I'd thought too but it's changed a bit with the patch. I've spent a lot of time this weekend trying to find that entrance, done almost everything I can. But I'm just determined and frustrated enough to keep on working on it.|||Is this the one where you defeat him with the help of the three NPC's, or something after?

If it is, I didn't even know you could fail it I thought it was just an interactive cinematic?

Isn't the portal north of Ascendants Rise?|||Quote:








Is this the one where you defeat him with the help of the three NPC's, or something after?

If it is, I didn't even know you could fail it I thought it was just an interactive cinematic?

Isn't the portal north of Ascendants Rise?




Yes, it's the one with the NPCs. But....... prior to the patch (4.2) it apparently couldn't be done. I got that when I posted on the official forum and was told by a Blizzard guy that I'd just have to wait for the patch as it was impossible to do before it. So I waited, waited about three weeks.

What I can't find, despite searching madly and almost daily, is the entrance to the place where Ragnaros awaits me and the NPCs. So I haven't failed it. I just can't find it. And it's so new, so to speak, that there seems to be nothing on any forum or a YouTube thing either.|||Hmm... perhaps I'm thinking of something different as the one i'm thinking of, I've done with three toons so far.

Hope you find it, I'll be finishing Hyjal with another toon tonight so will have a good look around too.|||Quote:








Hmm... perhaps I'm thinking of something different as the one i'm thinking of, I've done with three toons so far.

Hope you find it, I'll be finishing Hyjal with another toon tonight so will have a good look around too.




Please let me know if you find anything helpful - I spent about 45 minutes this afternoon searching the area without success. I have the Achievement for doing the Hyjal quests, so it's not essential. But it did sound like fun and since I have a couple of other guys to level up it would be good to have an idea of how to complete it.|||Hmm well I have found it again, it's the very bright portal above or just to north of the lava area. As you look on the map it's just to right of the pointy bit at the top of the lava.

Mine showed the quest information icon...

Not sure whats wrong but I didn't have a problem ...sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment