Thursday, April 12, 2012

New player in WoW (Next week)

[:1]Hello everyone,

First of all, english isn't my first language so i'll try to be as clear as possible for everyone.

Next week, i'm planning to buy World of Warcraft (i've only played the game in 2005 or 2006 with a trial) but I was young and my father didn't want to pay for online gaming. Now , i'm more mature and I would like to start next week, because i'll get a new computer by the end of the week-end to enjoy the game with max graphics.

1) I have few questions: I saw couple of threads about the game might be dying slowly, is that true? I mean, if your playing a friday night do you feel alone in your server or do you feel that your town is like ''ghost town'' with nobody there's? If so, is it possible to transfert your character to an other one more popular?

2) What kind of character ''class and race'' is the strongest one in the Horde?

3) What is the point of having Horde and Alliance? Is it because anywhere in the map, you can be attacked by them (horde, if you are in the alliance group?)

4) Is there many things to do in the game, or it's more like gold farming or items farming like in Diablo 2?

5) Do you enjoy the game even if it's been many years|||1.) Its true in that they've lost about 2.5% of their playerbase or so last quarter. Over the last year or two, its dropped by about 1 million out of 12-13 million (about 7%). By my own judgement, I'd say that it is mostly due to the Chinese WoW servers going down for some time due to complications, the twink community quitting because of the exp in battlegrounds, and high-end gamers quitting due to changes and/or boredom. Perhaps some left for other games for various reasons, such as RIFT.

Personally, I never see a main city empty (aside from Exodar and Silvermoon and old expansion main cities), and I've always seen small outposts empty even in Vanilla. You can do transfers, sometimes they're available for free, but usually its pay only and $25.

2.) Mostly up to personal opinion at the moment. Pick what you like, the racials are basically just extra trinket type buffs usually. If you follow what is best in the moment, you'll just get stressed out and have to roll a new character, just pick something you'll enjoy.

3.) Depends on your server. In PvP servers you can get attacked anywhere and are forced to PvP, aside from Main Cities and Starter Areas and areas labled "Sanctuary". In normal servers PvP is optional and only happens if you enter a battle ground, flag yourself for it, attack a PvP flagged player or NPC, or enter a Main Enemy City/PvP Area such as Wintergrasp.

4.) You can do a great many things. One thing I like about WoW is its depth and options. You can collect mini-pets, hunt rare monsters/treasure chests, explore, craft items, run dungeons, play the auction house, and PvP to your hearts content, you could even level in PvP/doing dungeons if you wanted to. You don't have to gold grind to enjoy the game, but if you have a specific goal, you might be driven to. Pretty much the only thing you may have to grind gold for is a decent flight speed, but other than that, not really.

5.) Yep. If I get bored of one aspect of the game, I just focus on another. I'm not really the end-game type, but I still have alot of things I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment