Thursday, April 12, 2012

What is your "I just don't get it" class(es)?

[:1]I think anyone who has played WoW up to endgame just scratches their head about a certain class or spec being so popular among certain players. You know what I mean, you have tried it out/rolled one and just don't get what every one else sees. This doesn't necessarily mean you hate the class and/or think it's overrated, it means you just don't understand it or like it as much as the people who play it.

I can think of 3 classes that fit into this category for me:

Enhance Shaman � Most people seem to prefer Enhance over Ele & Resto, but to me it feels very much like a melee spec for the sake of a melee spec.

Disc Priest - Looked kinda cool at first, but I found it somewhat gimmicky & really hard to play well. I prefer Holy.

Hunter - I just never got this one. And I just can't see if ever had being that great. Animal pets, traps, breaking 15k with autoshot...huh? It's just not the type of ranged class that suits my tastes.|||The only class I've really not played is Warlock and thats for personal reasons, so I pretty much get them all, but there are a few I don't care for such as:

Assassination Rogue- Poison based rogue? I just don't see the draw really, Sub seems more ninja-ish and combat more pirate-ish, but this one seems a bit out of place.

Elemental Shaman- A lightning and earth mage in mail? Seems pretty weird when the rest of the casters are in cloth and leather. Plus they get their own specialized armor set, spell mail.

Holy Paladin- A plate wearing healer, and was the popular/viable spec in Vanilla. It just seems kind of weird to have another light-based healing spec, and a plate wearer no less.

Personally I like enhancement shaman for being kind of a "spell sword" type class, and disc priest for their damage prevention bubbles, and hunter is one of my favorite classes, it just has so much utility and I find it very fun (though I don't care for "focus" or "energy" type resources, I think I actually miss my mana...).|||The ones I don't like are Rogue and Hunter; Can't play the first and found the other to boring to keep leveling.

I have a lazy playing style and suited to my Affliction Warlock (1st toon I started), I don't have to mash loads of keys or worry about healing people.

I have an Fury warrior (1st toon I finished), Blood DK, Disc priest and Ret Pally at 85 and have just started a Shaman and Druid for PVP

No comments:

Post a Comment